Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I found out today that a friend of mine's full name is Maddie Ruth. The conversation went like this:

MR: Ugh. I hate my name. I always told my momma it sounded redneck.
Me: Omigoodness! I looove it. Double names are the best.
Passerby: It would be a perfect name for a country singer in a Jeff Bridges movie. Or a romance novel.
Me: You're not helping.

At any rate, I absolutely adore double names! They are sooo Southahn, y'all.

The other thing I love right now? Mason jars. I want to fill some with candles and hang them from the branches of an oak tree and then eat supper at a picnic table underneath them. Then I will go catch fireflies. Yes, the fantasy is very detailed. This DIY redecoraty kick I'm on right now has either got to stop or I have got to move into a biggah place. Maybe I should just quit looking at Garden and Gun.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

2 comments:

  1. I was just telling Sloaner last week how I've always wanted to give one of my daughters a double name because I secretly (well not so secretly) wish I was called Sarah Beth. However, what would she do when she got married? How could she put her maiden name as her middle name but still be called the same thing? Please find the answer and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mason jars + candles + trees to hang them in! Yes please! Put a little sand in the bottom, keeps the candle upright and easier to replace after in melts down...I'm just saying!

    ReplyDelete