Friday, March 18, 2011

I haven't even bothered to check Etiquette to see what Emily has to say about sniffling in public. She probably doesn't approve. She probably poo-poohs honking one's nose into whatever semblance of a kleenex she can find in her purse as well. The "best people" probably don't sneeze repeatedly into their elbows either. But, you know what? Emily never had to deal with spring in The South, y'all. This is one time I just do not care what she has to say. Okay, okay, I do, but what do you expect from me?

Spring has just arrived in The Classic City and the weather could not be more beautiful. 80 degrees. Sunny. And we're not yet to the point where clouds of dust bowl esque pollen turn everything an awful shade of neon green. Unfortunately, I am a very delicate lady and my sinuses just cannot handle this sudden change in the weathah. Now don't get me wrong, this is definitely a change for good. I love Spring and Summer once I can feel my head again; however, for the moment, I am miserable. Not sick enough to lie in bed and ask my mama to drive over here with some (soy, bleh) chicken soup, but not well enough to enjoy myself...or breathe, really.

Ah well, I shall recover soon. In the meantime, please pardon my very unladylike nose blowing and sniffling.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment