Saturday, March 12, 2011

When the hoop dawgs had a fourteen point lead with less than seven minutes to go against Bama yesterday, I thought, "This is it. Yes, I will be your fan for the rest of my life!"

As the seconds ticked away and the lead grew smaller, I still felt like we were safe.

Even when it was tied up with 2 seconds left and we had possession I figured we'd make a shot and the end of a game would finally go our way!

Then that beautiful, beautiful Dustin Ware hit the basket!!!...right after Coach Fox called time out. Really? REALLY?!?! Why in the world do you call a time out with two seconds left in a tie game?!?!

The boys stomped on my heart in overtime. We're in a fight. I'm not sure our relationship can ever fully bounce back from this one. How do you learn to trust a team that lets you down like that? I'd be willing to consider counseling if there are any Cubs fans out there with some good advice.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

1 comment:

  1. I guess you can take comfort in that Georgia is in, and bama is out????

    ReplyDelete