Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I don't do very much grocery shopping. Since I live alone and eat out with CB most nights, it's really not necessary for me to keep food in the house. In fact, it usually just goes bad and I toss it 2 years later. Honestly, the only things I keep in the apartment (besides the occasional leftover carton) are coffee and half and half. Who could ask for anything more?

So, I didn't expect to buy anything at Trader Joe's when I stopped in there for lunch and shampoo yesterday. But then I thought, weeeellll...maybe I'll get some hummus...and crackers...and ravioli...and short, boring story long, I did actual grocery shopping and now I have real-life food in my house. My favorite purchase: dark chocolate caramel with sea salt. It's not voges, but it is delicious at half the price.

I really do love Trader Joe's. In fact, I love it so much I'm thinking about marrying it. If only that was legal. Maybe I can move to Vermont. We probably won't be able to give my mom grandkids, but I think she'd be okay with cheap wine and the occasional Viennese Lemon Cake. She just wants me to be happy.

The only downside to the trip is that now I can't stop thinking about Christmas. I want peppermint and crack jo jo's. I want them real bad. If anyone knows when I'll be able to get them, please tell me so that I know when this agony will end.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment