Friday, September 16, 2011

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman...

To be clear, I am NOT dressing up for football. We are in a fight. Not a bad fight because, hey, football seems to be trying, but a fight nonetheless. In fact, I am determined to laze about in sweats and not blow dry my hair or put on makeup until football gets its act together and stops giving the ball away to Steve Spurrier and his cocks.

Wait. What was I talking about? Oh, yes, not putting forth the effort to look my best for football. I do, however, still need to look decent for my friends who, let's face it, are the real reason I get out of bed on Saturday anyhow. So, last Saturday I got up, got dressed in a nice top, flats, and cute jeans (albeit I was sort of slumming in jeans instead of a dress) and walked down to the tailgate all the while listening to my cell "ping" with incoming "WHERE ARE YOU?!?" messages. The friends, who get to the tailgate at 7 am, don't understand why I don't roll in until about 11 am for a 4 pm game. I'm not really sure they understand the whole "Lady of Leisure" thing. Not only do I need my beauty rest, but it would be simply gauche to show up before I am sure everyone else has arrived.

I really do love Game Day in Athens. It is about a mile from my house to the tailgate and the entire stroll is filled with game day music, sound bytes from Larry Munson, kids tossing footballs, men tossing corn hole bags, ladies in dresses, and just a generally idyllic scene of Southern Merriment (so long as you tune out the less idyllic language).

Even if football lets me down (I know, I know, they did really well last week and they're trying. I'll stand by them just like Tammy tells me to), Game Day in general will always be wonderful.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment