Friday, September 16, 2011

Fatty Friday -- Blind Pig Tavern

Okay, so the thing that jumps out at me about the Blind Pig's Menu is that almost everything seems to be deep fried. Appetizers, hot dogs, sandwiches, you name it! This, of course, made it very difficult to pick a hamburger as none of them were beer battered or fried. It's a shame, too, because I think a deep-fried burger would have ended the quest then and there.

What the burger selection lacks in deep-friedness, it makes up for in topping choices. It was tough to pick just one of the 16 signature burgers, but after much painful deliberation and agonizing debate, I settled on "The Memphis" - a cheeseburger topped with bacon and peanut butter.


See the peanut butter dripping out the bottom there? Delicious. I used to doubt the goodness of PB on a burger, but I'm a believer now. The burger was really pretty good, but they overcooked the patty. Sad, because it coulda' been a contenda. Overall I have to give this "Brando Burger" a 6 because, well, well done just kills it for me. If you're in Athens, though, and want to try a good PB burger, Clocked will do you one up right.

CB got a burger too, but don't ask me what was on it. I really should pay more attention; however, I was completely distracted by the topping on his fries.


You see that white stuff? I thought it was some weird looking cheese...but it wasn't...it was gravy. In addition to being pro-pb, I am also a believer in gravy on fries now. CB decided that every restaurant should offer gravy as a topping for everything. Like ketchup or mustard. In addition to being dashingly handsome and disarmingly witty, he's also a genius.

I would say the worst part of the meal was definitely the overcooked burgers. The best part was that we got to try new things, so definitely not a wasted night. Also, we bumped into Katherine and her husband Chad, for whom even getting 4 wisdom teeth removed hours prior is not a good enough excuse to miss trivia night. What a champ!

Fondest regards,
The Lady

P.S. The Little Lady and I went to Trader Joe's today and a woman was walking around offering samples of dried seaweed. I politely declined, but TLL totally tried it. How many 8 year olds do you know that would try seaweed. Coolest. Kid. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment