Thursday, September 22, 2011

After last season, I vowed the I would never again travel to watch the Dawgs play at someone else's house. Starkville, Jacksonville, and Memphis broke shattered ruined my life okay just hurt me too much last year. At the end of the season, I felt like I had invested time, money, and some dang cute outfits for something that just wasn't paying out. I knelt in the Liberty Bowl, threw my hands in the air, and vowed, "Never again!"

*dramatization

However, I can only pretend to be a fair weather fan. Alas, I just care too much, so, like so many over my other football related resolutions, that didn't last long. This weekend, Football and I will be spending some quality time together in Missississippi. Last time we were together in Mississississippi, (Starkville. One of the worst -villes I've ever been to) I was...well...I just can't talk about it. The wounds are still too fresh.

This time, though, it's about more than football. This time, I get to go to The Grove, y'all! Ole Miss is supposed to boast one of the best tailgate campuses in the nation and I am so excited! Apparently they really know how to do football in Oxford. I'm not sure they know how to play football (they lost last week to Vandy 30-7), but they sure can do football. I'll try to remember to take pictures...before the game...while we're still happy and hopeful...wopwop.

All that said, there won't be a Fatty Friday post this week. Sorry. I'll try to make it up to you next Friday.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment