Monday, May 2, 2011

"Hats are a requirement and gloves are correct." ~Etiquette. 1955

In the spirit of this post's subject matter, I shall do my best to write in a British accent. Please humor me and at least try to read it that way.

Gentle readers, you may recall a few weeks ago when I received an invitation to Lady Beth's Royal Wedding Viewing Party. Well, as my friend Jason once said about his own wedding, it went of with a hitch! (We usually give him a little chuckle). Ever the gracious hostess, LB (that's Lady Beth, y'all know I heart abbrevs) opened the party with goody bags complete with glass slippers (blingin' flip-flops), "sappire" engagement rings, ring pops (in case the sapphire wasn't big enough), adorable ring candies, and -- for the single ladies in the group -- veils. The veil was easily my favorite goody in the bag; however, I spent much of the night wearing Beth's mum's fabulous cathedral length veil. Ooooh! Did I mention it was fabulous?

We awoke with way before the sun (3:00 a.m. to be exact) which is when the BBC started their commentary on this side of the pond. We watched the 3 hour pre-game show, followed by the wedding (I must confess that I nodded off a bit during the boring bits of the ceremony...after the vows and before they left...you know, when you couldn't see Kate and Wills), and rounded off the morning with 3 hours of post-game analysis including the balcony appearance and both smooches.

At some point in our seven hour wedding palooza television marathon, Lady Beth managed to fix a delightful brunch with finger sandwiches, tortellini salad, split pea soup, sausage (not blood sausage mind you), BACON!, and French toast. I don't know what the other Elizabeth (you know...The Queen) was serving at her lunch, but there's no way little possibility that it was better. Plus my Beth even made a wedding cake (red velvet not fruit). I bet The Queen wasn't baking a cake the night before.


She also decorated her apartment with lots of lovely personal touches to help make Catherine and Will's day really special.

And her mum somehow managed to snag some limited edition, only made in Britain, completely sold out and impossible to find, absolutely adorable toys.


Aren't they CUTE! Beth's mum has magical powers of negotiation or scary connections or something. Details are a little fuzzy at 3 in the morning.

As for my opinions of the wedding, A. Mazing. I loved it and now I want to get married in Westminster abbey wearing a McQueen gown and have lots of people in fabulous hats and a boys choir in silly collars and a carriage and a Rolls and a balcony appearance and an aston martin and and and... Plus Kate looked kind of like Maria in The Sound of Music which made me quite giddy.

All in all, it was simply loverly.

Cheers,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment