Monday, May 16, 2011

Y'all. The last couple of weeks have just been crazy, crazy, crazy! Sorry I've been so negligent, especially since I have such wonderful things to say! Lately I've just been so busy that all I want to do when I get home is grab a cold...Coke and watch Grey's on my Netflix. However, work has calmed down a bit I've taken the day off before I jump back into the fray tomorrow, so I can write for a few minutes.

My friends Bethany and Matt have been talking about hosting a Kentucky Derby party for a few years now. Matt loves any excuse to gamble and Bethany loves any excuse to buy a new dress, so why not? Well, a few weeks ago, Bethany told me that they were actually going to be able to do it this year at which point I hinted (not so subtly) that "Kentucky Derby" might be an excellent theme for a birthday party for yours truly who's birthday coincidentally fell the day before the Derby this year and all they would have to do is add cupcakes. She agreed and suddenly her dream party was all about me...obvi. Sooo, I bought a dress (on sale and which I also wore on Easter Sunday because I'm trying this whole "saving" thing), donned my DIY decorated hat, and headed to the East Side for the Derby.

OH! And (most of) The Fam came too! It also happened to be Mother's Day that weekend. I know, I know, you're asking, "Birthday, Derby, Mother's Day! How in the world can you back that much special into 2 days?!?" Well, we're a special family. Seeing as I was my mom's original and (in my opinion) very best Mother's Day present, it fit that we should celebrate them both together. Pretty great, huh?


So we did celebrate...and we gambled...and we lost (who in the world saw Animal Kingdom coming? Not Nehro.)...BUT we had tons of fun and I got to wear a fantastic hat and get lots of attention and presents and isn't that what really matters?

Speaking of presents...Colonel Brandon took me out to dinner at 5&10 for my actual birthday. It was fabulous as always. I love 5&10. When he arrived (in his danggood looking suit!) he brought with him a very large gift which turned out to be...a sewing machine! So sweet and thoughtful. However, I am apparently much better at hinting than I realized because Mom and Daddy showed up the next day with a very large gift which turned out to be...a sewing machine! So sweet and thoughtful. However, I am apparently much...oh, sorry.


Lewis suggested I open a sweatshop and put The Little Lady to work, but we returned one instead and I bought some new clothes. You know, to wear until I figure out how to make my own.

For Mother's Day, The Little Lady and her family took my family and me to lunch at The Country Club. I don't think I have to tell y'all how much I enjoyed eating at The Club. All in all, it was a really incredible weekend!

After that I had to buckle down and get to work so we could give the Senior Youth a decent send-off. School's almost out, graduation is upon us, and summer is only a few days away (so why did I have to wear a coat outside last night?). Only a few short weeks until...


Back to the grindstone tomorrow so that I can enjoy that amazing view without having to worry about work. Worrying about work at the beach is not allowed and is definitely not leisahly!

Fondest regards,
The Lady

2 comments:

  1. Haha that's really funny that you got 2 sewing machines! My sewing machine and I are bffs so I know you're going to love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I didn't know they were the exact same brand & model, too. How funny! Well, what's your first sewing project?

    ReplyDelete