Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Of course there will be cupcakes

The Colonel celebrated his birthday yesterday in true Brandonly fashion with little pomp or circumstance. In fact, I was prepared (and dressed) for more pomp, so I was actually slightly disappointed that he didn't want to do more. I had planned to take him to Porterhouse Grill for a nice steak dinner, but he'd rather go to Waffle House. After asking, "Really? Are you sure?" approximately 17 times it was finally made clear that he did, indeed, really want Waffle House. Who am I to tell an old man he can't have whatever dinner he wants on his birthday? So we went to WaHo. And I still got steak (of the cheese variety...I'm not sure exactly what cut it was).

Dinner didn't take quite as long as I had planned, so we had time to listen to a bit of the Georgia Baseball game (they beat The Nerds 6-4 in 12 innings!!!) before meeting our friends for aperitifs. It was pretty uneventful except for the part when Matt related a conversation between he and Jason in which it was decided that yours truly is the most redneck in our group of friends. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kind of proud. I feel like this is a pretty big accomplishment considering that I am one of only two (CB being the other) in that group who doesn't own a gun.

Overall it was a pretty relaxed birthday celebration which fits CB's style; however, his birthday wasn't completely devoid of celebration. You may recall last week that there was mention of whirlyball. This is essentially lacrosse with bumper cars.





The birthday boy. Every time we passed the ball to each other everyone else would stop and say, "aww," and CB and I would both turn red. Some people can be so immature. Then I would try to shoot and miss and they would all stop and say something else.


Of course, there were cupcakes. Chocolate with white chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting with white chocolate shavings. They're not the prettiest cupcakes I've ever made, but they were danggood.


My birthday is next week. I definitely made it a point last night to say, "I'm sorry you didn't want to go to Porterhouse. I like Porterhouse. And Last Resort. And Five and Ten." A girl's got to drop a few hints sometimes.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the kids in the party room-all probably wishing the old people would hurry up and get off the court!!!!

    Anyway-I did not send a card, so tell CB I say Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kids had already played and were having a great time laughing at all the old people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whirleyball is SO HARD. And those cupcakes look A-MAZING!!

    ReplyDelete