Friday, May 6, 2011

"Training a child is exactly like training a puppy; a little heedless inattention and it is out of hand immediately." Etiquette. 1922.

Today is my birthday. It's been a long road and many years, but I have finally reached 25ish again. The many congratulations and well wishes have been well deserved warmly received. Birthdays are, after all, a big accomplishment. A lady always gives credit where credit is due, though, and I wouldn't be where I am today without the help of a wonderful team of people. Most of all my Mother, without whom none of this (note: I am gesturing to myself) would be possible.

So....In honor of Mother's Day ---

The Top 10 things I learned from my mother:

10. Eyebrow maintenance is important. Telling you to tweeze is telling you I care.

9. Cooking is an expression of love. Cook well.

8. There is no such thing as online privacy. If it's online, it's public. And if Mom can Google it, she will.

7. Lady is as Lady does.

6. Every choice bears a consequence. Those consequences are Mom's choice.

5. Marriage takes hard work and patience, but is totally worth it. That said, don't settle.

4. Adorable though I may be, sometimes I can drive people crazy.

3. It's a good idea to give crazy people some space.

2. You may not always like your family, but you sure as heck better love your family.

1. I can never, ever, ever do anything to make my mom stop loving me. Ever.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!

Love,
The Lady

1 comment: