Monday, April 4, 2011

Nevs on that last post, y'all! I picked up the sofa Saturday morning only to find that it was in much worse shape than my memory was remembering.


I think I could've cut a piece of plywood to replace the springs in the bottom, but it just seemed a little too overwhelming. CB graciously offered the use of his tools and garage, but I had visions of broken table saws and a sofa in his garage for months before I could find a round tuit. Not to mention an unhappy boyfriend. No, no, I think this is for the best. My dreams of painting it a glossy white and reupholstering it in a lovely, springy sage will have to be realized at another time on another couch. On the upside, I discovered just how amazing Craig's List is. I posted this bad boy and had four people within hours that wanted it, including...THE CAP MAN! I came this close to meeting a Classic City Celeb! Unfortunately, he just wasn't fast enough.

While my sofa restoring dreams may have to wait, I am determined to start other projects and become a DIY maven. I'll keep you posted...eventually.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

P.S. I got to pie someone in the face last night. It wasn't a very lady-like thing to do, but it was really fun. I totally recommend it if you ever get the chance! The watching my back part, however...

1 comment:

  1. I bet it was beautiful in it's day!!! Hopefully it went to a great home!!

    ReplyDelete