Monday, December 27, 2010

Outgifted...

I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas! I spent mine in Columbia, South Carolahna with the parents, siblings, my cousin, and quite a few dogs. It was a ton of fun and it's always a treat to have The Lady's Mother cook for a few days. Yum!!! I even enjoyed the soysage. Seriously. Plus, I scored tons of sweet gifts like a camera, a sweater, mom found these really neat pictures of The Daynes Building (yeah, there's a building), some CDs, jewelry, and...AN OYSTER SHUCKER!!!

Unfortunately, due to the first white Christmas The Classic City has seen in over 120 years, I had to scoot a bit early to beat the snow home. Y'all know Southahn Ladies do not drive in snow. The deal was sweetened a bit, however, since CB had actually left his parents on Christmas Eve (naughty son!), so we got to exchange presents. I put together a stocking full of random things he likes in addition to his big gift which was a Scott Parker replica Westham United FC jersey. What the heck is that? It's not important. Suffice it to say that it's really cool and thoughtful because I'm the best girlfriend ever...at least that's what I thought. When I got to his house, I was presented with this:


An instruction book on how to open my gift. First was a pair of sparkly red shoes. And no, they were not in my size. He did, however, subject himself to receiving the American Girl catalogue until the end of time in order to get them.


Next up was a "straw"basket filled with chocolate. 



Then it got a little weird. The next gift was a splatter guard. I think he and my mom were in cahoots to see who could get me the most random kitchen item. Mom won. The hint that I didn't get: This is supposed to be made of "tin."



Next up was a pair of hand knit Gryffindor socks!!! We could've stopped here and I'd have been a happy camper. I love knit socks. Cousisns, if you read this and you don't wear the knit socks Grandma sends...I WILL!!! P.S. The symbol for Gryffindor is a lion...


If' you've guessed it by now, you're a lot smarter than I (calm down, it's not that big of an accomplishment). I didn't really try to guess, though. I turned the page and found...


Two tickets to see WICKED!!! He told me I could take whomever I like, so favors and bribes will be accepted until March 1; however, I must warn you that CB is the front-runner at the moment despite the fact that he totally and completely outgifted me.

Overall, it was a pretty amazing Christmas...and not just because of the loot. It's so nice to be able to take a break and see family, spend some time celebrating with friends, eat Candy Cane Joe Joe's, and most of all, to remember the birth of Christ which is the best gift of all and why we celebrate in the first place!

Fondest regards,
The Thankful Lady

P.S. Thank you cards are in the mail. Obvi.

4 comments:

  1. It was an awesome Christmas!! I will buy you an oyster knife the next time I get to William Sonoma!!!!

    Love you_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um hello! That is too awesome and cute the way he did that! If you've never seen Wicked, you're going to LOVE it!! If you'd like, I'll burn you a copy of the score so you can be familiar with the music. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sloan, but I've got one already. The Little Lady and I listen to it pretty much daily. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete