Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Santa baby...

Once again, I am sorry for my blogging negligence. If anyone still reads this from time to time, I have been without the interwebs in my apartment for a couple of weeks. It will be remedied soon (I hope) and I will go back to not posting due to laziness.
In his sermon a couple of weeks ago, my pastor said, "When you're a kid, Christmas only comes once every ten years. When you're an adult, it starts to come about every four months." It's statements like these that make me feel really old. It's true, though. Christmas is here again and I feel like we just wrapped up last year. Not that I'm complaining. Really, I couldn't wait to get my tree up and wrap presents and what not. It's now less than 2 weeks to Christmas and I'm starting to feel like a little kid trying to wait. My decorations are up, the shopping's done, and everything's wrapped. I even have my Christmas dress for the year. It's a little sad because I feel like all of the fun is in the preparation. Seriously, I've thought about just going out and buying more presents so that I have more to wrap. There's one more present that hasn't arrived yet and I walk up to my door expectantly every afternoon, hoping that the mail carrier has left one more thing for me to wrap. Maybe I should get another job or something.
As excited as I get about giving gifts, getting them is a little more difficult for me. Not because people don't love me...please, that joke was too easy if you were thinking it. No, I'm fabulous and there are plenty of people asking what to get me. The trouble is, I just don't ever know what I want. So here it is, The Lady of Leisure's must haves: Christmas Edition...
1. Red and green? Please! The real color of the season is Tiffany blue. This little bauble would look so good on my finger. Way better than the one that British Tart has. She's not really a tart, but I am a little jealous of her ring. To clarify, (just in case anyone passes this list on) mine would be for cocktail parties and not lifelong commitments.

2. A vacation home. Coincidentally, the largest ocean-front on St. Simon's is on sale right now! I couldn't copy the picture, but call Klickie Aiken (isn't that the best realtor name EVER?!) and I'm sure she'd be happy to show you. BTW, if you do decide to get me this for Christmas, I will happily let you and yours vacation there for free.

3. A new car. This cute little V8 vantage roadster by Aston Martin will do just fine. I promise I won't drive it on the beach, though.

4. A mink coat. Yes, I live in Georgia. No, I probably won't wear it more than twice a year. However, you show me a Lady of Leisah and I will show you a woman with a fabulous fur coat. Plus, it has been really cold lately.
5. Party shoes. What should I wear to my holiday party? Who cares if these are on my feet?! Okay, I didn't mean that. Of course I would still wear something fabulous.

I don't want to seem greedy, so I'll end the list there. If you still need ideas, I am sure the holiday catalogue at Neiman Marcus will have some good ones.

Fondest regards and happy shopping,
The Lady

2 comments:

  1. Don't be jealous of Kate-her ring is a hand me down!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were wearing those shoes, no one would be looking at the rest of you. Promise. Those are A-MAZING.

    ReplyDelete