Friday, December 17, 2010

There is a reason that Ladies of Leisah pay other people to do things for them. A couple of weeks ago I cancelled my Charter service because I was tired of paying $60/month to the spawn on satan. I called up AT&T and they seemed nice enough and promised that my bill wouldn't go up in six months and that I wouldn't be required to get cable. What a deal! Then they offered me all the extra stuff like a modem and a tech to come set everything up. "No, no," said I, "I can do all that myself!" Silly girl. I forgot that I actually repel technology. Literally. Like Pauly D's hair repels water.

After 2 hours on the phone with a very patient AT&T tech supporter, I am finally back online in my apartment. I feel like I should send the tech a Christmas present or something. Next time I probably ought to just do the leishaly thing and fork over the set-up fee. So much for going in to work today! The Kid's getting out early, so I need to go hit the carpool line. I should probably go ahead and armor my car for the SUV zoo I am about to encounter.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

2 comments:

  1. Duh, don't you have a cute Computer Scientist who comes over every once in a while? I'm sure he finds your tenacity adorable, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure he was smart enough to have AT&T set his up for him, so I didn't get the impression he was eager to do mine.

    ReplyDelete