Saturday, January 1, 2011

Walking in Memphis...

I just got back from Memphis with Colonel Brandon and D-. While our reason for going did not turn out as we planned (really, y'all, I don't want to talk about it), there were a lot of positives on which I will focus.

1. Memphians know how to do bahbeque. Y'all know I'm pretty particular about my Q and I was not disappointed. The sauce was dangood too.

2. Beale Street is a really fun place.

3. Elvis really was the king, y'all...of Christmas lights! We drove past Graceland at night and it was better than any tacky light display I've seen.

4. It's not Mississippi, Arkansas, or Alabama...or East Tennessee.

5. I got to ring in the New Year with some of my favorite people in the world. Last New Year's Eve wasn't so hot. I miss Michael and wish he could still be with us, but I know that he is exactly where he wants to be and we will get to party with him again soon enough.

I hope you all have a wonderful, leisahly New Year!

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment