Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Lady and the Little Lady

The Kid is out of school for the holidays which means we get to think of creative ways to entertain ourselves from 9-5. I had a lock-in Sunday night, so Monday I was pretty much out of commission. Thankfully, her school had a "Parents' (or sitters'!!!) morning out"deal, so I was able to get 3 hours of sleep before hanging out with her. For the afternoon it was kind of an "I'm here, but I'm not really here" situation. I got a lot of, "Miss Daaaaynes, why are you so tired?" I managed to stay "awake" for the afternoon, but I felt like I needed to make up for it today with a super fun activity...



ICE SKATING!!! We headed into Atlanta to skate at Centennial Park. We listened to the Mary Poppins soundtrack on the way in and she asked if we were in Atlanta yet between every song. Once we got to the rink though, the complaints were silenced. For a kid who'd never put on skates before, she was a champ! She fell a few times, but she'd get back up, dust herself off, and skate on. After that was a trip to The Varsity where we stuffed ourselves (in the most lady-like fashion, of course) with a chili dog and a half each plus onion rings, and then home, but not before some hot chocolate...

Notice that pinky? Also, she talked for most of the trip about how much she wanted to live in Atlanta because they have a skating rink and The Fox Theater. I think we may have a future LoL on our hands. It was a pretty great day overall, but I think we wore each other out. I saw her and her aunt leaving the basketball game (which the Dawgs dominated!) at the half because she needed to go to bed. Me too. Chuck-E-Cheese tomorrow and then we'll have Christmas presents to play with!!! Apparently she asked Santa for a dragon and a fairy, so those should keep us pretty busy for the rest of the break. Anyone know if dragons can be housebroken?

Fondest regards,
The Lady

P.S. I asked CB if I could give him my present tomorrow (the lady-like way to ask if I'm getting a present tomorrow) because it's our last chance to hang out before Christmas. I got a maybe. And not a teasing sort of maybe, an actual maybe. Apparently part of my gift is still at the post office! I offered to go pick it up for him, but I took his laughter as a "no, thank you." I suppose it'll be something to look forward to after Christmas. He told me he wouldn't open his gift until he had mine, but I may force it upon him anyway. I'm pretty excited about it.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you this! When I babysat the little lady we were playing and she looked over at me and said "your pearls aren't real."

    I'm glad that she's already capable of calling out real pearls from fake; that's an important quality we ladies have to have.

    ReplyDelete