Tuesday, November 30, 2010

On Tuesdays I babysit an extra kid. Normally this is the easiest day of the week because the two kids entertain each other and Miss Daynes can just sit quietly with a book (no worries, I check in periodically to make sure they're still alive and not playing with fire or sharp objects). Today, however, was not that day.

We went over to E-'s house to play because she has way better dress up clothes and it means that The Kid gets to put off piano practice for an hour or so. E- also has two sweet labs that I let outside as soon as we get home. Normally, the dogs would stay outside, but it was raining today, so I let them come in. I was surprised to find that they are trained to wipe their feet. So far, so good. The girls and I finish our book and they go upstairs to play while I nuke some popcorn. The dogs follow. Suddenly, the baby monitor goes silent. It's quiet. Too quiet. I decide to go upstairs to make sure the dogs haven't eaten the kids. They hadn't. I find the kids hiding in the playroom with the doors closed so the dogs can't get in. The dogs, however aren't interested in the playroom because they're too busy feasting on a dirty diaper they've discovered. I clean up what I can (while The Kid helpfully points to pieces I've missed) and then go hunt for a vacuum. In my hunt I discover that the dog has regurgitated the aforementioned diaper. Pause the vacuum hunt to clean this mess. Finally find a vacuum after snooping through the entire house.  Thankfully, microwaves have a magic popcorn button that cooks for just the right time because I'd forgotten about snack time. The girls enjoy their snack while I go vacuum. The dogs stay in time out for the rest of the afternoon. The Kid knew better than to complain (too much) about piano practice when we got back to her house.

After that I needed a stiff dessert. Enter Trader Joe's:
Totally worth braving torrential downpours to get some of these bad boys. I'm pretty sure these cookies are laced with crack. I've already consumed an entire box almost by myself. At this pace, I'm looking at 4 boxes by Christmas, but I can't think of a tastier way to put on some winter weight.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

1 comment:

  1. The dog story made me gag. Well done.
    P.S. I had a peppermint brownie from Starbucks for dinner. I'm know = candy cane joe-joes would have been far superior.

    ReplyDelete