Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lately, Saturdays have been a little rough. Football season is always a bust time of year and occasionally it can feel a bit stressful getting to tailgates and kickoffs each week and pick out a new outfit to wear to each game. Even when the Dawgs are winning this can be a bit stressful; however, lately they have been losing. Bad. And Saturdays have become less and less leisahly and more and more like w@$k. I hate to use such strong language because I almost always have some fun, but losing means more noon games which means waking up earlier. It also means the game ending earlier and me having to spend the entire afternoon being pissy instead of just sulking home and going to bed. Basically, I've needed a nice leisahly Saturday and that is just what I got today.
After sleeping in (it's what you do when the cast of Jersey Shore is arguing outside your window at 4 am), I spent a leisahly morning drinking coffee and didn't head to the tailgate until 10ish (this may seem like a reasonable time, but keep in mind that I was 2 hours late...as usual). My bosom friend, S- (who wants a blog name),* took me to the game this week. I have to admit that my excitement about going to the games each week has been waning with every defeat. Loss after loss tends to make one a little pessimistic. However, friends, we won the game soundly and, as an added bonus, I couldn't even hear "Rocky Top" over all the cheering.
Post-game we headed back for some more tailgating. I forgot how lovely my friends are because we've been in such bad moods the last few weeks, but I very much enjoyed their company today. Plus, there was, as always, lot's of good food.
After an afternoon of lounging and catching up on missed television, a date with CB capped off the night. Fried chicken at Zaxby's, movie at the dollar theater (all my idea)...he says I'm a simple girl, but I prefer "low-maintenance." We'll let him think that for a little while longer...
All in all it was a lovely Saturday. Quite leisahly and much needed after a string of disappointing ones. Now, if the Braves can pull off a win tomorrow, this might just go down in history as a perfect weekend!

Fondest regards and keep choppin',
The Lady

*S-, I think, in keeping with naming people for literary characters, your blog name will be Leslie Ford. She and Anne are bosom friends and I like her better than Diana. Plus, she belongs to the race of Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment