Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday morning (afternoon) ramblings...

One of the advantages to my job is that I have Fridays off because I work on Sundays. It's a pretty cool deal most of the time because I can sleep in, stay in my underwear pajamas all day, watch movies or catch up on the Thursday night television that I missed, and I get to do my laundry while everyone else is at work and there are no neighbors competing for the 1 working washer and dryer. The downside is that all of my friends are working, so there's really not much to do besides be lazy...especially when the bank account is in such a state as to make trips to Target and Ann Taylor Loft a really bad idea.
This week has gone down in history as the week of the failed parties adjusting to the unexpected. I told you about my plans for a Chilean Mine rescue party, well...I invited the friends with the warning that I am Mother Hubbard, but then I went to the grocery store and stocked up. Ladies of Leisah just do not host BYOB parties. Picked up the kid, went to Bible Study and got home with 20 minutes to pick up the apartment and set my computer up. Fail. The internet was not working well (it's possible I failed to remind the friends that I don't have television and we'd be watching my laptop) so I told them to hang tight until I figured out if a viewing party was even possible. Keep in mind that we are short on time at this point. Originally, the rescue was supposed to take 36 hours, but they were running a bit ahead of schedule. By 9 pm they had 31 of the 33 miners out. Short story long, I finally texted the friends and cencelled as the internet was just not doing it for me. I called Col. Brandon and shamelessly invited myself over to watch his television. I got there at 9, just in time to see people cheering and hugging the last miner. I missed it! Fail again...not that I'm not ecstatic about them getting all the men out as quickly as they could.
So now I've got all these hors d'oeuvres and booze chocolate milk to take care of. So, for lunch the next day, in true fat kid fashion, I consumed an entire tub of salsa and the better part of a bag of corn chips. Friends, let me tell you that, while these things are wonderful in moderation, the high acidity of tomatoes combined with all that salt and the corn chips made my mouth hurt so bad.
Good thing I had friends coming over that night to help me get rid of some of the food. Party number 2 of the week was to be a screening of My Fair Lady with D- and H- who both had much to do that night and did not have leisah time enough to watch a 3 hour film even if it does have Audrey Hepburn in it. We watched Emma instead which was delightful as always. I also cooked a chicken casserole in true LoL fashion. I heart casserole, y'all. However, we did not really eat any of the food I purchased for party #1, so now I have that plus a whole bunch of leftover casserole. Poor CB does not get meals made for him, he just gets the leftovers from meals I've made for other people. Oh well.
This morning I did the laundry, but I only had enough quarters for one round in the dryer. Does it defeat the purpose of washing your clothes if you have to lay them out on your dirty floor to dry?
Time to get off the couch and start my day I suppose. Gotta go pick up football tickets (woot!) for tomorrow's game against Vandy. I also need to figure out what to wear to said game and what the tailgating schedule will be. And I need to pick out something to wear to dinner tonight. Maybe I should go shopping...wait, no. Wow, now that I think about it, my to-do list is pretty lengthy. I probably won't have time to go to the gym today...darn. Time to get to w@$k!
Have a leisahly weekend, friends and GO DAWGS!

Fondest regards,
The Lady

1 comment:

  1. At least you have food in your pantry now...
    And dinner was so tasty! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete