Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Roughing it at home...

The food situation chez moi is becoming dire, friends. Grocery shopping (other than for coffee) has not been high on my priority list as I have been lunching with girlfriends almost every day and dining with CB almost every night. On Saturdays I tailgate. Hence, there is little reason and even littler time for trips to Kroger, which tend to not be very leisahly anyway. Today, though, I was hit with the shocking realization that it may be time to go to the grocery store for real.
I keep an emergency supply of ramen noodles in my cupboard in case a date unexpectedly falls through (which rarely happens because I am difficult to book and, let's face it, way too fabulous to cancel on). Nevertheless, sometimes duty calls and a friend will have to work through lunch as was the case with today's girl-date. Sooo...I went home to lunch there and discovered, to my dismay, that I was down to the last of the emergency noodle packets! After a very quick inventory, I determined that I have no real food (and by real I mean anything that goes bad after a few weeks) in my kitchen. All of this leishaly dining has spoiled me and left me kitchen bereft of everything besides a jar of pickles, peanut butter, beer, parmesan cheese, milk, and half and half. Seriously. That is it. I'm a little ashamed of myself and I think it's probably time to cook an actual meal. Good thing D- is coming over Thursday for dinner and a movie. Plus, I probably owe CB a lot of dinners. I hope they both like pickles and peanut butter!

Fondest Regards,
The Lady

P.S. The Classic City is soon to be even more fabulous with the opening of a Trader Joe's!!!! Shopping will be fun again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment