Friday, April 30, 2010

"If it is her birthday and other children bring her gifts, she must say Thank You politely." The Kindergarten of Etiquette. 1922.

This aspiring Lady of Leisah celebrates her birthday in less than a week and I've been considering what to treat myself to this year. My car, aptly named "Help-Me-Honda," could sure use two new tires and a maintenance check to go with that new registration sticker she's sporting. I could also get myself a cholesterol check, that'd be a blast! Of course, I will be moving on up to a one bedroom (that's right, a whole seperate bedroom!) apartment in a couple of weeks which means I could treat myself to some swanky new ikea furniture. Now, I know what you're thinking, "What do I get the girl who needs everything?" Fear not! I have a few last minute suggestions for you. This is probably a HUGE Emily faux don't, but I figured I'd help you out a little bit anyway. Here are just a few things that every aspiring LOL ought to have but may not be in the cards for me this year:

23258919_M_OVER_2.jpg

A nice cocktail ring. I have been lusting after this particular gem from Tiffany's for a little while now. As you can clearly tell, this is really more of a starter ring (after all, I don't want to be greedy). A real and true, full-fledged LOL cocktail ring obviously features a diamond, emerald, sapphire, etc. and not quartz. This, however, would suit quite nicely for an aspiring LOL who lacks a wealthy husband to purchase it for her.


2829416_1322500.jpg


A charming, quaint little cottage South of Broad. If you would like to throw in the charming 20 something heir who recently obtained is JD at Vanderbilt or any other respectable Southern school, I wouldn't turn it down.


prod.jhtml.jpg


Shoes. Duh.


Of course, I never turn down a good cupcake, book, drink, dinner, or anything else for that matter. It's just not good form. In return for your generous gift giving you will, of course, receive a prompt and warm Thank-You note on adorable stationary. Happy shopping!


Fondest Regards,

The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment