Friday, April 23, 2010

"as a rule those who have been all day in the open are tired and drowsy and want nothing but to stretch out for a while..."

There is an AMAZING cuban restaurant across the street from my apartment...well, room. It's almost entirely outdoor seating, so on nice nights there are always a ton of people there having a fantastic time. Tonight was beautiful and the food smelled delicious as I walked past it, yeah, past it on my way to the gas station to pick up a pint of Ben and Jerry's. How cliche am I? Friday night and I am alone in my salon watching TLC wedding shows with a pint of B&J. Hmmmm. I feel like I should remedy this, but I am just so tired. Frankly, I'm pretty thankful to not have anything to do tonight. It's been a rough week.
You know those weeks when it's just one thing after another and you just want to cry because you need 10 minutes to run to the post office to buy stamps, but 10 free minutes seem to be impossible to come by? Yeah. Really, it wasn't that bad. I did find time to go to 2 group fitness classes (woo hoo!) and go see Oceans last night between working at church and caring for a puking 6 year old. I did find time today to run my errands (including a stop ay Barnes and Noble to buy the latest Garden and Gun!!!), but now I am ready to chill. Sometimes there's nothing better than a Friday night alone with the TV and a pint.

No comments:

Post a Comment