Friday, November 19, 2010

Friends taking sides...

To clarify for those of you who were less than thrilled about the last post, I am not the one that ends our relationship each year. FOOTBALL DUMPS ME, FOLKS!

I will stand by Football week in and week out. I will work my butt off to keep our relationship going strong. Maybe I can't make it to every game. Maybe I do occasionally complain about the team's failure to convert the 3rd down. That doesn't mean that I love football any less. In a week and a day, I will be cheering for the Dawgs to wreck Tech. After that, I will be watching every play of whatever bowl game we...yeah WE...go to. I will wait in anticipation for the G-Day game. I will spend my spring reading blogs and arguing with old men, and occasionally, I will drive past Sanford Stadium (where we used to spend our best days together) and long for the day when football will take ME back.

For the record, it's nice to know who will side with whom after Football breaks my heart.

In the meantime, Football, I'm still on for our date next Saturday and I promise to look cute. Until then, this goes out to you.





Yours always,
The Lady

1 comment: