Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Lady who lunches...

*The following post references a burger which was consumed on a Friday; however, it is not an official Fatty Friday post.

**Also, sorry there are no pictures. I don't carry my camera (which is separate from my phone) with me. One day I will catch up to the rest of the world.

Summer finally decided to show up last Friday, so Katherine and I lunched at the rooftop bar of The Georgia Theater. Y'all. If you have not been to the rooftop of the Georgia Theater, you simply must. It is delightful. Under the new management of the Branded Butcher, there is a fabulous menu that includes barbecue, tacos, sandwiches, and burgers with yummy Holeman and Finch buns. The only downside (can I even call it a downside?) of the burger was trying to pick from the bazillion toppings they offered. I went with the pimento goat cheese, but it meant that I had to pass on the whipped bone marrow. Are you freaking kidding me!?!? Whipped Bone Marrow?!?!? On a burger?!?!?! Why is this not a condiment everywhere. Mmm. I'm tearing up a little just now thinking about the fact that I didn't order that. Don't get me wrong, the pimento goat cheese was great, but...I mean... I don't think I'm being too dramatic here. Where was I?

Yes. The burger. It was pretty good. I wish I had specified that I wanted it medium rare, but that's my only complaint. Everything else was perfect. And the atmosphere is unmatched. It's just super fun to go up there and look out at downtown and think about how awesome it is to live in the Classic City. Seriously. Awesome. Plus, while we were lunching the Phickle Chickle showed up. You know how I love me some Athens Glitterati, y'all. This lady works her rear end off making and selling pickled vegetables that make you want to slap your grandmama. And, as someone who works so hard pursuing her passion, she's just an inspiration. One day we'll be friends. In a totally not creepy stalker kind of way.

That's it. Lunch was great. Katherine was great (as always). And Athens was great. It was just one of those "I love my life" kind of days.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment