Monday, July 18, 2011

A sash and a sing-a-long

This weekend marked two big milestones for yours truly.

1. I completed my first successful sewing project...a blue satin sash. Why on earth would she need a blue satin sash? To go with my white dress, of course! Wait, wait, NO! I am NOT getting married. Can you think of any other reason I would need and white dress with a blue satin sash?...

For...

THE SOUND OF MUSIC SING-A-LONG!!!!!!!!!

That's right. Milestone number 2 was my very first Sound of Music interactive sing-a-long at the Fox Theater. Yes. I dressed up. It was so much fun! We cheered for Maria, hissed at the nazi's, yelled, "WEEEEEE!!!!" with Liesl, and popped poppers when Maria and The Captain finally kiss. There was also a costume contest (which I did not enter, but may next year) that included lonely goat herds, Marias, Baronesses, nuns, Alps, assorted favorite things, and one guy who was "high on a hill." Most fun of all was that we all sang every word to every song. I mean, I sing every word to every song every time I watch the movie, but this time all the people around me were actually okay with it because they were singing, too!

The only downside to The Sound of Music sing-a-long (besides a slightly sore throat) is that after you've been to one, every day after that is just not as wonderful unless you have plans to go to another. Seriously, I woke up this morning a little sad because I won't be attending a sing-a-long today. It's just another manic Monday. Sad.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

P.S. I may post pictures later, but Sarah took them all and then left town. I'm at her mercy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to vote that we just all get together, pick a musical, and start singing!! Anything with Julie Andrews obviously tops the list!

    ReplyDelete