Friday, July 22, 2011

Fatty Friday -- Clocked

Hey y'all. Last night I had a dream that I won a food challenge against a 3lb hamburger. In the dream, I mistakenly ordered a $40 ginormo burger that was free if you finished the whole thing. Colonel Brandon was none too pleased with me for ordering a $40 hamburger, but I told him not to worry about it because I was going to own that burger. And own it, I did. I devoured that 3 ponder like it was no more than a Misteak and Shake double with cheese...which would be really delicious right now. For the record, Dream CB was going to pay for the burger if I didn't finish it. Real life CB would do the same because he's sweet like that. Real life me will do my best to never accidentally order a $40 hamburger.

Real life last night was burger night and this week we chose Clocked. The thing about this burger quest is that it's really more of any excuse to eat hamburgers and have something to write about than it is an actual quest. Clocked is across the street from where I work, so I eat there a lot and thought I knew what to expect. They have all kinds of awesome burgers with tons of creative toppings. My favorites are the Meteor Burger (with feta) and the Peanut-butter Bacon burger (if you haven't had peanut butter on a hamburger, I highly recommend it). They used to have one with pineapple. I miss that one.

Anyway, last night, after much debate (there was a pimento cheeseburger and I also really wanted the peanut butter burger), I opted to try something new and ordered the chili-cheese burger.
It came open-faced with a fork and knife for a reason. I really liked the concept, but wasn't so much enamored with the burger. The chili was just okay and I don't think hamburgers are supposed to be eaten with a knife and fork. On the other hand, Clocked does make a mean burger and the patty was still excellent and cooked very well. I give it a 6, but I think I'd give other burgers I've had there 8s.

CB ordered the bronco burger with gouda, bacon, onion rings, and BBQ sauce.
He did not like the BBQ sauce/bacon/gouda combo. Also, he HATES pickles and red onions and didn't realize that they come on every burger, so that was an immediate turn-off. I think he's a little crazy because Clocked has some of the best pickles anywhere. Also, I've had the Bronco burger and, while it's not my favorite, I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 7. CB would probably give it a 3.

We're still questing for that "Perfect 10," but that's good because a 2 week quest would be kinda lame. Clocked is still one of my favorite Classic City restaurants. How could you not love a place that gives you Double-Bubble when they bring the check? However, the search continues!

Fondest regards,
The Lady

P.S. -- If you want to read more about The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long, Sarah posted the adventure along with some pretty great photos!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am VERY excited about this because hamburgers are probably my favorite food. Personally, I just love a classic burger from Five Guys. I can't wait to hear what y'all's favorite is!

    ReplyDelete