Friday, July 15, 2011

Fatty Friday

I can't remember if I told you this or not, but Colonel Brandon came up with a brilliant blog idea. He suggested that we go on an epic quest to seek out the best burger in The Classic City. I was going to call it Foodie Friday, but CB suggested Fatty Friday. I liked that better. Each week we will get a burger and then I will post on the merits or demerits (is that the right word? Probably not) of said burger. He has a lot of rules about what kind of burgers we should get, how to score them, etc. I have no rules and am content just to stuff my face and call it delicious. Feel free to throw in your 2 cents if I'm not discerning enough for your liking.  Here goes.

Last night we set the bar low with a trip to The Grill. I knew it was not ever going to be a contender, but eating the best burger the first week would mean weeks and weeks of sub-par burgers. Besides, it's been about 2 years since my last trip so I figured it was worth a shot. The Grill did not disappoint...I mean, it did disappoint...which is what I expected, so it really didn't disappoint...wait...where was I? Oh yeah. I went with the bacon swiss burger which came overcooked with dry, puny bacon and 1 teeny weeny square of white cheese that I'm sure was pre-sliced and had to be unwrapped. When we'd finished, CB said it tasted like Wendy's and he was exactly right. Wendy's, however, would've cost much less.

On the up-side, what may have been too much mayonnaise for some people was just the right amount for my taste. I am a BIG fan of too much mayonnaise on a burger.  Also, the fries and feta dressing (which are really the only reason sober people ever go to The Grill) were delicious as always.

CB suggested we do pictures of the burgers...but he didn't suggest it until we were basically done. Next time you'll get a whole burger.

Overall, I give it a 4...which is pretty arbitrary considering there is no formal ranking/scoring system. We're working out the kinks.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment