Monday, February 7, 2011

Ladies' weekend...

Colonel Brandon ran off to gamble away his paycheck had a weekend with the boys, so I said, "Ha! I can waste money with my friends, too!" And that's just what I did. Unlike CB, however, I did not return to The Classic City empty handed.

Saturday I got to spend the day in Alpharetta with the Leslie Ford to my Anne and the Clairee to my Ouiser, aka S- and C-. We started the day off right, with bahbeque of course, and then we hit the antique stores. I was looking specifically for a new old hat and new old pair of gloves to wear with my new old coat. Along the way, though, we got to try on lots of hats.
In addition to my new old accessories, I scored a couple of major book finds. I love finding old cookbooks/home-maker handbooks and my 1939 edition Modern Cookbook did not disappoint. I have needed a good fried pigs feet recipe for a long time. I also found a copy of Little Women which I am always on the lookout for. It's not dated and I don't think it's as old as my other copies, but it still has some cool illustrations.
Overall, the day goes in the win category. Fabulously leisahly and so fun to hang out with my Atlanta Ladies!!!


Fondest regards,
The Lady

1 comment:

  1. dahling, you must send me that recipe, your cousin Chase received a fryer from his lady love for Christmas and I think some good old pigs feet would do these damn yankees some good!

    I'm just sayin'.....

    ReplyDelete