Thursday, February 17, 2011

The honeymoon's over...

Things with basketball have been exciting and new this season and I have been blissfully happy.  Sure, there have been a few bumps in the road, but it's been pretty easy to gloss over those by blaming on the refs or the old standby, "They're just a better team. We didn't really expect to win." Last night, however, we really hit a road block in our relationship. I realized that I'm just tired of making excuses for you, basketball. Tennessee at the buzzer? Florida in double overtime? Blowing a 14 point lead with 10 minutes to go against Vandy? The problem isn't so much the losses as the fact that basketball keeps getting my hopes up and letting me down. It's like expecting a little blue box for Christmas and waking up to find a blender.

I know that things like this take time. I don't expect them to give me an NCAA championship after only one season or anything, but come on. I have my pride and this emotional abuse is getting exhausting. I am willing to forgive the losses and continue to work at our relationship, but I need basketball to give me a little something in return. I'm not saying it's over if they don't bring me a road win against Tennessee, but I may have some serious thinking to do.

On a much happier note (pun intended), the WICKED countdown has begun!!! 14 days!!!!!

Fondest regards,
The Lady

1 comment:

  1. I told Leigh I might have to pull for the dawgs this weekend!! So excited to be getting to a game!!!!

    ReplyDelete