Tuesday, July 27, 2010

CB cooked dinner for me last night. French toast and bacon, which I'm sure were absolutely delicious, but I will never know because here's how the evening went:

Col. Brandon: Why don't you come over to my house and I'll cook dinner?
Me: Aaaawwww, okay.
45 minutes later
Me: Ummmm...my car won't start. Again.

Sweet Col. Brandon, of course, dashed over astride his white horse (well, in his Altima which is much more practical when one's car needs a jump), sword drawn (well, he had jumper cables) and played the part of the dashing hero*. After jumping the car and letting it run, CB treated me to Waffle House, dragged my sorry butt to Wally World for a new battery which we were unsure of as the funny little letters and numbers did not match the one in my car. Upon getting home to jump the car once more, we found it blocked by an unknown neighbor. At this point we just had to laugh and call friends to help us push it out of the parking spot. I'm pretty sure CB could've done it himself had it not been uphill. We jumped it again and drove it straight to the mechanic where I went this morning. Apparently the battery is dead...duh. For the record, we did purchase the correct battery because we are winners like that. It is currently being replaced by a mechanic. In the meantime, I hope CB isn't considering running away in a hurry after finding out about his impoverished girlfriend and her high-maintenance car.

Fondest regards and happy driving,
The Lady

*For the record, every good LOL should own her own jumper cables and know how to use them. She should also be able to check the oil, change a tire and, if necessary, utilize public transportation. I have never actually needed a White Knight to help me with car troubles, but it is certainly nice to have one.

2 comments:

  1. Awww....I don't know whether to feel sorry for you for having a crappy car, or warm and fuzzy that you had a White Knight to rescue you. Dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a White Knight...need more of those in the world anyway...yea for CB!!

    ReplyDelete