Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's quite possible that I am the worst blogger ever. I considered just giving up, but then all 3 of you that read this demanded a new post. I'll try to be more faithful. Here goes.
First, I have moved to a real-life, big girl apartment with a bedroom that is separate from the living room. The kitchen is also twice as big as the one in my former studio apartment and features a full size stove and oven plus drip pans for the burners. That's right, folks, no more rigging tinfoil drip pans! Isn't my life glamorous?! There are only three down sides to this apartment over the other: 1) My new upstairs neighbors are very bad insomniac musicians. I miss the awesome bass player who only practiced in the afternoon. 2) I now have way more wall space than I know what to do with. I'm sure American Express will be more than eager to help me out with this dilemma. 3) My bedroom closet is half the size of my old one. No lie, this sent me into a bit of a panic attack at first; however, my friend B- found another closet that had been hiding from me. I now have 2 clothes closets, but I am still unable to fit all of my clothes in. It's possible that I have
too many. All that said, I love my new place and am eager to get all the furniture and decor necessary to make it feel a little homier. The kitchen is finished and is by far my favorite room. It has blue laminate counter tops.
Second, I played a game of muggle quidditch yesterday for my friend J-'s birthday. Of the three girls there, I was the only one without a husband. Of the 12 or so boys there, I'm pretty sure their husbands were the only ones with wives. It may just have been me, but I felt a little bit like it was a meat market and I was the cow. Part of this had to do with the fact that B- is trying to set me up with one of the people that was there. This was particularly awkward as both parties were aware of her intentions; however, we cannot admit knowledge of this plan. I felt a bit like I was auditioning for a date or something. I will, of course keep you updated if anything hilarious comes of this.
Last, I found this at the store. It is wine from Cupcake vineyards. It is also sideways because I am dumb and I don't know how to work a computer. Exciting, nonetheless.

Fondest Regards (with promises of more blog to come),
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment