Saturday, June 25, 2011

I know. I know. I know. This week has been reDONCulous. We got back from a wonderfully relaxing trip to the beach and I hit the ground running. Y'all, I love my job. I mean it. However, I tell my boss every year that if I'm going to lose my job anytime soon to make sure (s)he calls and tells me while I'm at the beach. And then I secretly wait for that phone call because then I have no reason to go home. Seriously. I would stay forever until it got really cold if I could. Much as I'm sure you would love for me to share all of the exciting details of our trip, my bosom friend Sarah already did it on her blog. And she used pictures.

Since we've been back it's mostly been mission trip planning, babysitting, and trying not to trip on the 300 children running around the church for VBS. Anyone know a good way to get VBS songs unstuck from your head? Also, I've been reading The Hunger Games series which has kept me fairly occyoopado this week. I really cannot put it down and have found myself putting off other really important things just so I can keep reading. Honestly, my toes need to be painted at least have the old, chipped paint removed, my eyebrows need to be tweezed separated, and I am at least 3 weeks behind on People, but I just can't stop reading.

Tomorrow I'm headed to good ole' Kentucky with some youth. Should be good. And hot. But probably not as hot as here. Can't wait. I should probably get back to reading packing now and double check to make sure I have socks and underwear. Somehow I always manage to pack 3 weeks worth of clothes and then forget something as basic as underwear. I can't imagine Emily would approve of me discussing my underwear. This blog has really gone downhill. I promise I'll try to do better once I get home.

Fondest regards,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment